Sunday, February 15, 2009

Reggie Robbins- ESL tutor- was a teacher for 20 years

- Why did I choose to be an educator? When I was in college I worked part time in a school for juvenile delinquent girls. As I got to know the girls I was deeply moved by their struggle to find their place in this world and how they probably would never have a good life. How difficult their lives had been. I use to think if only a teacher had touched their lives in a positive way when they were younger...maybe they would not be locked up know. At that time I changed my major and got my masters degree in education. -
How satisfied are you with your job? I taught elementary school for a time and then got involved in teaching ESL. I love teaching ESL. I have learned more from my students than I have ever taught them. My next step is that I hope to begin teaching English in Haiti (for 2 or 3 months a year).
Are you glad you chose teaching as a profession? Absolutely!!!!
Is your job rewarding to you? Very much Why?- I really like all my students. And I have learned so much from all of them.
What level of stress do you feel at your job? When I first started teaching a TOEFL class I felt a lot of stress but now almost no stress at all.
Do you ever feel burn-out?- Not now that I am tutoring and not teaching in the classroom.
What age do you plan to retire? I plan on retiring when I am too old to be able to hear my students or I fall asleep in the middle of a lesson.

Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment